Global 100% RE Campaign Officer
The WWEA Head Office in Bonn, which is situated close to the UN Campus, is looking for a Global 100% RE Campaign Officer
WWEA is founding partner of the Global 100%RE campaign, the first global initiative that advocates 100% renewable energy (www.go100re.net – campaign partner organisations: www.go100re.net/about-us/supporters). Global 100% RE connects the fragmented dots of renewable energy advocates to build a global alliance, proving that being powered by 100% sustainable renewable energy is urgent and achievable. Hereby this unique campaign builds on initiatives that already take place on national, regional and local level and steers the global discourse on renewable energy towards 100% renewable energy as the new normal. Since its beginning in 2013, the goal has been to initiate dialogue about 100% renewable energy, build capacity and educate policymakers about the opportunities, case studies and stories that are happening all over the world.
In 2017, the members of the Global 100% RE will establish the campaign as a legal entity, based in Bonn and for this purpose a campaign officer will be hired.
The position is limited to a period of ten months, with the option of prolongation, depending on additional funds raised in 2017. The Global 100% RE Campaign Officer is based in the WWEA Head Office in Bonn and should start on 15th January.
- Coordinate and administer the establishment of the Global 100% RE as a legal entity under German law
- Support the Global 100% RE Executive Committee in implementing the work programme in close collaboration with all Global 100% RE Members and Supporters
- Manage and organise the international launch event of the Global 100% RE platform in Bonn
- Coordinate outreach and liaise with potential new members and supporters
- Coordinate and foster network of partners and allies
- Manage communication tools (website, social media, potentially publications, etc.)
- Plan and deliver media outreach work in collaboration with the Executive Committee
- Monitor international policy-making and decision-making processes as well as international negotiations as they relate to 100% RE
- Support fundraising activities
- initial experience in project management, campaign coordination and event management
- Strong commitment to renewable energy
- Good communicative skills
- Professional fluency in English and German. Additional languages are an asset
- High IT literacy, including online communication experience (knowledge of content management systems and social media)
- Basic administrative and office management skills
- Knowledge in current international policy trends and issues of renewable energy
- Profound understanding of policy processes, including relevant stakeholders in renewable energy
- Detail-oriented and organised
- High level of self-motivation as well as ability to work as part of a team
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fundraising experience an asset
To apply, please send us a short CV and letter of motivation before 15 January, using the form below.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted